Tuesday 29 June 2010

Passed CCNP ROUTE

Passed the first part of my CCNP, the ROUTE exam (642-902). It wasn't as scary as I had thought, planning whilst important was just a small part of the overall exam. I actually enjoyed the exam process though I was freaked out at the end when it didn't show me my score. I thought that was a sure sign I'd failed.

Even when I left the testing room, the lady at the desk waved my result sheet around without actually telling me if I'd passed which was annoying. I had to wait for her to hand it to me (after signing me out) before I knew that I'd passed. Very anxious moments!

So now onto the next exam (yes, already booked for end of Sept) , though now I feel much more capable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can u tell me about the question type...what are routing protocol the question they asked in the exam..tell me about simulation also...

Ryan Ruckley said...

Plenty of planning type questions and still lots of the usual Cisco questions. The simulations are more than you would see in CCNA. For instance you have to configure multiple devices to get the question right but they are very clear on what needs to be working for you to get the marks.
The planning questions aren't has hard as they can seem. Just questions like if I want to do this feature what configure is required and what information do I need.
Networking Experience helps with those types of questions.

Anonymous said...

thank you for your information...